Wednesday 15 January 2014

Sew what?! I make my own clothes

Is it Karl Lagerfeld? Is it Donatella Versace? No, it's just me getting my sew on. Don't worry if I hadn't already known I would have been confused too J

Years ago, when I finished high school dad bought me a sewing machine as a graduation present. Instead of assuming that the present was some weird Asian "coming of age - so time to work at a sweatshop" gift, I'm choosing to believe dad saw some creative genius in me and thought to encourage that.

This summer I have been sewing up a storm, and as much as I would like to say my talents rival that of Ralph Lauren (or even kmart), I am more likely to end up in the pages of Sewing for Dummies.

Nonetheless I'm loving my new hobby and ain't nothing gonna break my stride. When I grow up I now want to be a fashion designer... Watch this space.

Love

Ivy x

Take a look at some of my favourites



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments you beautiful creatures

Love
Ivy and Loan xx