Your mid-twenties are like being the middle child, underestimated and misunderstood. Your too old to sleep all day and party all night, but too young for anyone to take you seriously. People are asking you when are you getting married, but you're too preoccupied eating Ben and Jerry's while watching Game Of Thrones. Here are just some challenges in your mid-twenties.
1. Your friends are at the opposite ends of the spectrum, some of them are inviting you to weddings and baby showers and the others are inviting you to McDonalds to cure their hangover.
2. You have done the traditional route of studying, get a job and start climbing the corporate ladder. Suddenly you realise you hate it and you don’t want to do the 9-5 for the next 20 years. What the hell am I going to do my life?
3. In your younger years, you would go out Friday, Saturday and a Sunday Session and you were fresh as a daisy on Monday morning. Now one night out takes you several days to recover. You went out on the Saturday night and you still feel hungover on Monday. Is this what old age feels like?
4. You actually start thinking about organizing your superannuation and realise its going to be hard work, because you've joined five different super funds starting from your first bakery job.
5. You think those in primary school have a good life, no worries or responsibilities. They get two breaks morning tea and lunch. While you are at your desk job, only get half an hour eating at your desk. Also when it's really busy you get no lunch break, this is so sad.
6. You starting thinking about botox, as you look in the mirror you think “ I’m sure I never had those lines before”
7. By your mid-twenties you think you don’t have go through any high school drama. But in reality you realise some people never grow out of the gossip mentality.
It may be challenge going through your mid-twenties so here is some advice from the great Mr Bean: